Monday 24 January 2011

An Art Inspiring weekend!

It's been a while since I went out to meet a friend and go somewhere different, so when an arty friend asked if I interested in going to the London Art Fair at the Islington Design Centre... I thought, "why not?".

The week before, I had been run down with a flu-ey virus and wondered if I would be ok to go but a couple of days before, the virus abated and I was really looking forward to going. So Saturday dawned bright and clear and I was up and ready to view the Modern British and Contemporary Art on display!

It was a very very inspiring trip... instead of just staying a few hours (as I thought ...this is usually the case when going to such an exhibition or gallery!), my friend and I spent the whole day admiring the amazing works, laughing to our sides hurt and being agog and some of the prices of the art!

Maybe it was the *fantastic* company, maybe it was the overload of ideas that rushed around my head from seeing so many interesting pieces... but either way I went back the next day too!

Here's a little montage of some of the pieces I found most interesting... or thought provoking!


No comments:

Post a Comment